do not touch. I will never get stung again by a search engin

mikeyranson's review of Holiday Autos - www.holidayautos.co.uk

“do not touch. I will never get stung again by a search...”

Written on: 22/04/2019 by mikeyranson (5 reviews written)

Take advice and book directly with a car hire company. I have done this previously and just this time booked with search engine being an emergency situation.
My partner had to travel to south africa urgently due to a family emergency. Whilst she was getting ready, i booked a car through their site on my credit card for collection the following day following her overnight flight. Only when i confirmed the payment you get a message saying that you need the credit card that was used to purchase the hire with. My partner took my credit card as well as all the other required documents including her own credit card as proof of ID.
Well, i tried calling the customer services of holiday suto who was very poor in speaking english, did not listen or understand what i was saying. What could have been a simple five minute chat turned into a 15 minute row as you could not speak any clearer.
The call center is based in the philippines, english not being one of their job descriptions to have a job there.
I have now lost my money in dealing with these people as they have refused to refund my money. I will take it further. As i said, you get the "must have" warnings only after you book it. An error maybe, but what the hell could be so difficult when my partner has all her own documents and proof of ID. Even if they change the booking details, considering what the situation was. i just paid for the car. What happens when a company books the car for an employee travelling on a company business card. The employee wont take the business card.
Take advice and stay away from this website. Cheaper is not always best.

• 22nd april 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• south africa