unsatisfactory & disappointing service

alanbonney8476's review of Green Motion - Manchester Airport

“unsatisfactory and disappointing service”

Written on: 22/11/2022 by alanbonney8476 (1 review written)

We booked flights including car rental from the USA to Manchester England, returning after my mother's funeral. The flight we had booked was delayed and we were re-routed to Paris, then from Paris to Manchester England. Instead of arriving at 8am we arrived 6pm the same day, we then waited 40 minutes for a bus to take us from the airport to the Green Motion parking lot. We talked with Ritz from Green Motion, who informed us the rental car had gone. However, he did have one car left and the cost was $1115:82 and a further charge of $33:47. The car had half a tank of fuel, but he would throw that in at no charge so just bring the car back empty. I asked about the deposit we had already paid, that's gone mate you will need to take that up with your booking agent. my wife asked if they did bereavement rates, he then got very aggressive and said that he was insulted we should ask such a thing. This is the only car I have left do you want it or not! take it or leave it. We had no choice but to pay and take the car, on doing paperwork he said there was also a $50:00 deposit but you will get that back when you return the car. On dropping back off the car to the same employee Ritz who checked over the car and then parked it up, I asked him about the deposit. He said it's only $50:00 quid mate, I asked if there was any problem with the car, he said no, and you will get your deposit money back in 7 to 10 business days. Very disappointed, it's been over 7 to 10 business days recived nothing.

• 05-10-2022

Date of hire (month/year)

• Manchester England