GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

brendan2954's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Cheap and worth every penny- car was filthy on...”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by brendan2954 (1 review written)

Cheap and worth every penny- car was filthy on collection, huge queue at the desk outside Murcia Airport to pick up the car, pretty rude and abrupt staff.
On the day of departure Murcia airport was flooded and both the airport and hire desk were closed. Our flight was diverted to Alicante and I called Goldcar to explain the situation. The agent advised that I should travel to Alicante and leave the car at the office there- I was surprised when he confirmed there wouldn't be any charge, so I checked twice and he repeated under the exceptional circumstances there would be no charge. Surprise, surprise, 5 days later nearly 100 Euro withdrawn from my credit card, no explanation, no invoice, no consultation. I called to confirm and then escalated a complaint, small sum but still. After more than 20 calls and emails I have had 2 replies simply stating it was a one way charge and refusing to respond to my complaint that I was advised to travel with no charge.
It is clear in these dealings that Goldcar are very adept at raising spurious charges and then ignoring complaints, I've hired cheap holiday rentals for many years without issue.

• 09/19

Date of hire (month/year)

• Murcia