DO NOT RENT FROM ECONOMY

economysucks's review of Economy Car Rentals - www.economycarrentals.com

“DO NOT RENT FROM ECONOMY”

Written on: 21/02/2020 by economysucks (1 review written)

BEWARE!!!! Let me start by saying DO NOT RENT FROM ECONOMY CAR RENTAL from Liberia airport in Costa Rica !!!! Here’s why: I frequent Costa Rica and always rent a car when I go. This was the first time I rented from Economy. When I picked up the vehicle there was a lot of damage to the exterior, in fact, the sheet that they placed marks on to indicate the damage looked like it had Chicken Pox. I was inclined to ask for a different car, but I didn’t have the time to wait. I was there for 6 days and stayed in my gated community, putting on very little miles. When I returned the vehicle, they claimed I damaged the rear bumper. The bumper had a 1/2 inch hole on the bottom, which is only visible from underneath. They charged my card $958, I used My platinum card from American Express which covers me for vehicle damage, but I refuse to let this go. It’s amazing that they rushed to fix the bumper which isn’t visible, but they didn’t fix the rest of the vehicle. How convent!!!! Damage that a renter can’t see x. Let’s see how many times they charged other renters for the same damage. FYI they offer you great rates but when you actually take the car and add just the liability insurance the rates jump to more than double the advertised rate. I had great experiences with Budget and SIXT. Again, I wouldn’t rent from Economy.

• February/2020

Date of hire (month/year)

• Liberia, Costa Rica