Centauro Rent A Car Review

susannaszvet's review of Centauro Rent A Car

“Centauro has charged me EUR 1200 for scratches on the...”

Written on: 04/09/2020 by susannaszvet (1 review written)

Centauro has charged me EUR 1200 for scratches on the car - far far too much. I accept that I made the scratches on the left side of the car: the built-in SATNAV did not work properly (not updated) and instructed me to turn into a very narrow street in Sorrento, not suitable for cars. (No traffic sign to warn me). I got stuck and made 4 small scratches on the left side. Upon returning the car on the 25th July 2020 verbally I was told: "minor scratches" and seen on tablet that I was only charged less than 200 for scratch - so I signed the tablet. As soon as I did, I was told, my all deposit is gone, EUR 1200. They refused to print my signed version of damage calculation. I was only given an invoice of the EUR 1200. Weeks later, after many complaints finally they sent me a list with their damage calculation - but it does not add up, still discrepencies between their list and their final charge of EUr 1200.

• July 2020

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy, Rome, Fiumicino

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to susannaszvet's Review

Written on: 14/09/2020

Hi, sorry for the situation :( Please send us your booking reference number to us and explain us what happened, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Kind regards

Montyminnie's Response to susannaszvet's Review

Written on: 23/09/2020

That sounds about right for Centauro, they charged me 500 euros extra when I picked the car up for "insurance" which should be in the payment price initially. 2 months later when I was home they took another 40 euros for something or other, I couldn't believe they went into my bank account after my holiday, I do not trust them and will never use them again