Centauro Warning

Morris243's review of Centauro Rent A Car

“Centauro Warning”

Written on: 25/01/2020 by Morris243 (1 review written)

Centauro Warning
After 10 years of using Centauro cars at Malaga airport, 2 or 3 times a year, I am looking for an alternative supplier.
In October 2019 we were left waiting more than half an hour to be collected from the airport by minibus. When we got to the office to collect the car it was a rugby scrum with customers everywhere and a further wait of 45mins to get to the front of the queue. When I asked what the problem was I was told that they were under new ownership.
We have just returned from another visit during January 2020. Upon collecting our car we were told that it had no damage, however upon inspection we saw three areas of minor damage and a scuff on one of the wheels. I went back into the office and eventually got a staff member to come out to the car. She wrote the three areas of body work damage onto my contract but not the wheel scuff. I questioned this and was told very clearly that it was only necessary to record bodywork damage.
When returning the car a member of their inspection team went straight to the scuff and photographed it. I was told that the charge for this damage was 300 euros and despite a heated discussion my deposit was deducted by 300 euros.
Since then and despite a series emails to Centauro they have completely failed to address what was quoted by their staff member at the point of collection, even though I was able to provide her name.
So my conclusion is that I was deliberately set up and my naivety at taking her word has cost me 300 euros. Having read other customers who have recently experienced similar fate at Centauro I have come to realise that they should be avoided at all costs.
Please let my experience be a warning – use someone else

Written on: 27/01/2020

Hi,
We are so sorry to hear this.
Please note every single case is investigated individually as mistakes can happen as our staff are human. The rental terms and conditions are applied to all rentals and all the information is provided to our customers before the collection of the car.
On this occasion we would like to investigate this further, please contact our Customer Service department indicating your booking reference and we will reply as soon as possible.
Kind regards

Written on: 05/02/2020

On the 28th January 2020 I sent an email direct to Centauro attaching all the email sent and received about our complaint, as yet no one has responded.

Written on: 09/02/2020

Hi,
Could you please advise us your reservation number so we can check on our system?
Kind regards

Written on: 09/02/2020

Reservation Number R19-596303

Written on: 11/02/2020

Hi,
Thank you for sending this through. We can see this is being dealt with our customer service department. You should receive a reply to your e-mail as soon as possible.
Kind regards,

Written on: 11/02/2020

Received email, not a satisfactory outcome.

Written on: 03/03/2020

Following our bad experience with Centauro car hire Malaga, we have today returned from Malaga during which time we hired a car from Helle Hollis Malaga airport. We found this to be a pleasant experience and an excellent company to deal with. We would recommend all Centauro’s clients to try this company.

Pertenhall23's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2020

Thank you for the review.
Do customers really want the added stress of all these, Car Hire problems.
I am seriously considering the bus from Malaga to Nerja.
This is yet another car hire company that I have crossed of my list this morning.
I am renting three cars in total for the beginning of May. Who can you actually trust?
The only good thing in this situation, is that I can speak and understand Spanish!