be aware of excessive charges for scratches under the bumper

RylandBurnham18's review of Centauro Rent A Car

“be aware of excessive charges for scratches under the...”

Written on: 11/02/2019 by RylandBurnham18 (1 review written)

I booked a car with full for full and when I went to collect it, it was 80% ( that what they said). I told them I want it full for full and they said we can give you a full tank or a partially filled one as it is what it says in the contract. So, read carefully. It is the first time it happens to me!. Then, when I brought it back and they charged me for the scratch ( That I didn't notice when I took the car) they didn't refund me the fuel but took more money ( to make the 200 euros) for a scratch under the bumper, which was there when I picked the car. If it was me wh did that scratch, i would have repaired it for 15 euros. But that how they make money: taking from innocent naive people.
I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.
See below their response when I told them about the tank not full, the charges and even their agent attitude:

If you choose the Full-Full option, the vehicle will be delivered with a full or partly full tank of petrol. At the end of the rental, you have to replace the fuel you have used and we will refund you the amount you paid. This is stated in our terms and conditions.
All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. On this occasion, the car was returned with a new damage.

When a customer hires a car and does not take out the Centauro Cover, the customer has to assume the responsibility for any new damage to the car this is why deposits are taken.
We fully understand why you may feel so disappointed about the charge we made but the procedure has been followed correctly.
Please note the fuel deposit was used to cover part of the damage amount:

• 19 january2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Alicante

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2019

Good morning,
Thank you for your comments.
We have reviewed this case again, and we must confirm that our position on that matter remains unchanged, the Terms & Conditions were correctly applied to your rental.
We would like to stress that Centauro Rent a Car will always endeavour to reach a solution that is both reasonable and in line with the Terms & Conditions of your rental agreement.
Therefore, we trust you will understand that we are not able to proceed any further with your case on this occasion.
Kind regards.

Nomad99's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2019

They know very well that the scratch was there when I collected the car. I am asking them to look at previous rental people and all incidents which will show that the scratch was there when I took the car. I am convinced if they check for previous incidents by previous rental people, they will see that I was right ( but they will not do it and they will carry on taking money from innocent people to get 'rich' quicker'. Also, they are no answering about the fact that they didn't refund me my fuel deposit first before charging me for the scratch.

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2019

Good morning,
As explained, we used the fuel deposit as part payment for the damage, so only one transaction was made to avoid any additional bank fees.
We are so sorry but in this case we cannot be of any more help. Kind regards

Nomad99's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2019

Hi,

you shouldn't do that! It says in your contract that the money kept when collecting the car is refunded when the car is brought back with tank with same level when taken. It doesn't say that the money will be kept to partially paid for the damages. they are two separate contracts. you must refund the fuel first and then take money from the incident ( which in my case never happen!!!). You apply and do what you want! There are rules for you and rules for us!!!