Awful company

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Jude0121's review of Emergency Assist Ltd - www.motorbreakdownrecovery.com

“Awful company ”

Written on: 13/12/2020 by Jude0121 (1 review written)

Emergency Assist are not fit to call themselves a breakdown company...
One experience of Emergency Assist was when I broke down with a flat battery because I had left my lights on -this was 10pm on a cold November night with 2 children in the car & an hr from home. When I phoned Emergency Assist it took me 20mins to get through- I thought I had the wrong number! The message on the phone line is not clear & you are left wondering if it’s the correct 24hr emergency breakdown number especially when you have to wait so long. When I finally got through I was told by a rude & unsympathetic lady that I was not covered because it was my fault the battery was flat. In the end I had to phone round & pay £60 to get a local 24hr breakdown company to come out to jump start the car.
I should have cancelled the policy there & then but regrettably I didn’t.
Another disappointing example of Emergency Assist poor customer service was when my policy was cancelled without my knowledge. Initially I received an email to say my breakdown cover for our 2 cars had automatically renewed . I phoned them a month later as could not see any payment go out to them & to double check I was covered only to be told it had been cancelled as they hadn’t been able to get the payment. I got the same unsympathetic lady I had the unpleasant experience of speaking to when I broke down. who said I should have had an email to tell me it had been cancelled as they were unable to get the payment, when I said I hadn’t . she said it might be in my junk mail - it wasn’t & as it was over 14 days from renewal I was unable to renew .
I would advise anyone to pay more money & get a more reputable breakdown cover from one of the big 3 companies . I have never had such a disappointing experience- especially when you need a company in an emergency ; when you feel vulnerable with a car breakdown on a cold dark night with 2 children in a city you’re not familiar with- the breakdown cover was useless & the call operator one of the most rude & unsympathetic.. Emergency Assist have a duty to inform customers they have cancelled their policy - not send emails confirming their policy renewal for the following year when it hasn’t.
My advice for anyone is don’t pay for Emergency Assist - you really do get what you pay for.,nothing in this case - a complete waste of time and money.
Emergency Assist need a much faster response for customers when they breakdown in the first place ,more helpful less rude, more sympathetic call operators & a much more efficient system of contacting customers - letting customers know their policy’s have been cancelled & they are not covered because the payment has not gone through instead of sending emails to say they are covered when they’re not - very misleading & a complete joke of a company.

• Speed of response