Shambolic check in & security

• Customer service

• Overall cleanliness

Parker265's review of Doncaster Robin Hood Airport

“Shambolic check in and security”

Written on: 29/06/2019 by Parker265 (1 review written)

Was informed check in for my 8.20 flight to Palma would open at 6.20. Arrived at 6.00 and pleased to see desk already open but only one member of staff at the desk. There were around 10 people in front of me. Around 6.25 another member of staff arrived to open a second check in desk which was the time my cases were being checked in. This was around a 20 minute wait but the member of staff was helpful and polite and in any event I didn't expect to be checked in until 6.20. However, what happened next was a complete and utter shambles. I went up the stairs to go through security and although there wasn't that many people in front it took 50 minutes to get through and the queue behind me was now very long. Announcements kept being made for remaining passengers travelling to Alicante and Pula to make their way immediately to the gate. These were followed by more announcements stressing this is the final call. The poor passengers were all on time but stuck in this never ending queue and all at the point of panic. Airport staff had to lift the cordon and rush a couple through in order to catch their flight and I believe (though this may not be correct) some baggage had to be offloaded from the aircraft as passengers were not ready to board. Once I eventually got through the intention was to have a breakfast at Weatherspoons but customers were being turned away by Weatherspoons staff and told by the time they got to front of the queue there would not be time for food. I made my way over to Subway where there was only 5 people waiting but only one member of staff and the first customer waiting placed a massive order. Waited 20 minutes,placed my order only to hear my flight being called. Everyone on the aircraft were starving hungry as all had left home extremely early and the poor cabin crew were running around like maniacs trying to cope with an excessive amount of orders and supplies eventually ran out. The security checks are important but I think the staff need more training on how to cope so passengers can have a smooth and stress free start to their holiday rather than this utter shambles!

• June 2019