Very unhelpful staff

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Jamya426's review of Jet2.com

“Very unhelpful staff”

Written on: 20/07/2019 by Jamya426 (1 review written)

First of all the members of staff can be extremely unhelpful and rude. It was a male member of staff at Stansted airport London who was very impolite and refused to find out further information required for my travel arrangements. I missed the flight due to the lack of help from their customer service. Horrible experience!

Plbtheoneforme's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2020

Hi.

I want to start by going straight on the defence of Jet2.com as I have had roughly 99.9% of very good service from them and this is not in anyway meant to be contradictory of your review. As I said "99.9%" and the episode to change this was only a couple of weeks ago. I was at Stansted going on a flight to Lanzarote, this was the first time that I have travelled on my own for quite a few years and I was a tad apprehensive to say the least, I arrived at my gate early thanks to two very nice Swiss Air staff who led and assisted me. The ground crew turned up at the gate and began to get their paperwork done so I approached the desk and explained to one of the girls that I was a below knee amputee but I am fully able bodied but I have a sore on my leg due to all the walking I had done and if it was possible for me to go on the plane first it would be very helpful and would also ensure that I wouldn't be holding other passengers up and after all I was in the A group. A very nice reply was not on the menu a less than nice reply was "group A goes on last now as it's easier to let B on first and then A & C can go on either end. I said that I went on first in July and she said very sarcastically that this has been in force for about five years and that was the end of my conversation with a very sarcastic member of the Jet2.com ground crew who was more concerned with other staff who were coming and going to other gates. I sat down and waited for a sign or announcement but neither happened. A chap and his wife went to the desk and asked when there group could board and she said any time you like as everyone is going on now but not a word to me just left me sitting there, how rude was that. I went to the other desk and then to the plane.

As you can see, it only takes the odd bad apple to spoil a much looked forward to trip and possibly give a good company on the whole a bad name.
It wouldn't deter me unless a similar or another situation should arise. So give them another try as hopefully you may be pleasantly surprised.