Never got the dress I ordered

Whitaker84's review of Ring O Roses, Sydenham, London

“Never got the dress I ordered”

Written on: 14/12/2017 by Whitaker84 (1 review written)

I must admit I had a similar experience. I found a gorgeous dress there for a great price, which I loved, but then that was not what I was delivered. It took more than a year, a lot of stress, trips and phone calls and us having to pay a considerable amount of money to fix it, and I still did not get the dress I actually ordered. And not once did anyone ever apologize to me for the inconvenience.

The dress was delivered with a completely different neckline to the sample I tried on. We sent it back and it came back with a real bodge job, done very badly so it actually deformed the bodice. I tried to send it back again but they refused and said the seamstress could fix it. Except of course she charged us for that, and did not do what I asked. At the final fitting I was quite horrified to see what she had done, but had to put up with it as despite trying to sort this out for a good 18 months we had run out of time. The seamstress also turned up extremely late to our fittings twice, despite us having had to get up early to travel from hours away.

In the end, my dress turned out ok with some last minute fixes while it was actually on me - although even at the wedding there was some lace flapping off which my bridesmaids had to pin. It made the whole experience really stressful and I still feel I did not get the dress I ordered. And the female manager/owner was extremely rude about the whole thing, never once apologized or admitted any mistake. It's a shame, it could be a great shop but the service really let it down. I would avoid..