Dress is nice but..........

pendre12's review of JJsHouse - www.jjshouse.com

“Dress is nice but..........”

Written on: 28/12/2017 by pendre12 (1 review written)

I pondered over using this company for some time and saw the good and bad reviews. I eventually came to the conclusion to order a less expensive dress (I waited until the black Friday/cyber Monday sales) to ensure I got the dress I wanted but at a lower price. I also made a deal with myself that if it was awful then it was my fault and not to expect too much and that I would fork out a bit more to 'fix' it. I also went for custom fit.

I was excited to receive a notification that my dress and been delivered but was horrified when I saw a box a little bigger than A4 size and the fact the dress was packed into a small zip lock bag. on taking the dress out of the bag I immediately knew it had been made too short, however, this has no come as small blessing as I can wear flats or a kitten heel instead (much more comfy hey girls!!)

It was also too big across the bust but this can be fixed (again going back to my deal with myself). They have layered the tulle but where the joins are they have not cut off the excess fabric, again something I am hoping my seamstress can fix. Finally, it is a mermaid style so I was expected the dress to be shaped tighter as it went down toward my knees. Nope...... they have just pinched the tulle in at either side (which is different heights on each side, but again this is fixable. Other than that the dress is lovely and I look forward to seeing the fixed version.

My advice is not expect too much, and set yourself a budget knowing that you may need to spend further. but all in all I got a nice dress for £120 plus addition cost to fix (which wont cost the earth)