Draconian style account management

Guest's review of WebHostingHub - www.webhostinghub.com

“Draconian style account management”

Written on: 12/03/2013

After first signing up with webhostinghub I was fairly impressed. Overall they are very much like any other hosting company out there, but there were a few small differences that I liked.

Flash forward to one year after I have been using their service. In the past 2 months I have had to contact their support to get my hosting account re-activated. The reason? My wordpress installations were outdated by 1 or 2 versions AND I wasn't using a caching plugin?! Not once did I receive advance notice that I needed to upgrade my WP installations. It was immediate account suspension.
I have other hosting accounts with different companies and I have NEVER had my accounts suspended with them. When I did have outdated WP installs I received a nice email suggesting I upgrade soon. They never threatened with account suspension and they never demanded I use any caching plugins.