A New Way of Life

• Style

• Service & Support

Ross184's review of TwinTec S3 Water Softeners

“A New Way of Life ”

Written on: 21/12/2017 by Ross184 (1 review written)

I have now had the Twin Tec S3 water softener for a month, and it means getting used to a new way of doing things. I'm looking forward to seeing all the lime scale falling off my household appliances soon. The water is certainly softer, and I do feel refreshed after a bath in it. I also like its small size and quiet operation.
However, at installation I was told that softened water is good to drink; the installer said he enjoyed drinking it. So for three weeks I drank it, but at the end of that time, I began to notice some physical changes which concerned me, so did some research on this, and discovered that the extra salt being absorbed by the body causes water retention in the cells, which can lead to increased blood pressure, and heart trouble. Also essential minerals which come with the hard water are removed by the softening process, causing PH imbalance, and that small particles of toxic metals detached from the pipes by the softened water, like lead and cadmium, can enter the body tissues, causing gastrointestinal and other problems. So it's essential that the installers themselves do not drink the softened water, and don't promote drinking it to customers.
For all other purposes, however, so far, it seems to be successful (apart from the increased time taken to wash the soap off in the mornings!)

• 1 - 6 months

• Service & Support

Twintec's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2017

Good Morning,

My name is Charlotte and I work for the manufacturers of TwinTec.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience regarding drinking softened water and we would like to look into this further.

Please contact Harvey Water Softeners Customer Service Department and a member of our team will be happy to help you.

Kind Regards