'Service not included'

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

TorquayTwinkletoes's review of The Riverside Restaurant Blackwood - Gwent

“'Service not included'”

Written on: 03/08/2012 by TorquayTwinkletoes (1 review written)

we booked a meal for two couples at the Riverside on Thursday 2nd August. The restaurant was very quiet, only 3 tables of 2 were occupied. We had asked for a table at 8.00pm but as they couldn't accomodate us, we booked for 8.30pm. Upon arrival the waitress showed us our table & said she'd bring our drinks over. 10 minutes later I asked for our drinks and was told in a very rude way that she had one pair of hands. When we eventually got our drinks, mine was not what I had ordered But I decided not to mention itin case I got my head bitten off
The meal itself was very nice, however the waitress had a big problem with manners, she was very offhand. When coffee came my friend ordered a brandy, which she got, howevermy husband ordered a pint of lager & was told quite rudely that it was past 'stop tap'. The time was 10.35pm!!
We eat out regularly and have NEVER encountered such rudeness & disgusting service.
We would strongly advise anyone looking for a pleasant night out to avoid The Riverside Restaurant

• Modern European

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual