Portuguese Holiday

• Rate your Companion

Guest's review of Friendship Travel www.friendshiptravel.com

“Portuguese Holiday”

Written on: 22/07/2017

I went to Olhos D'agua in June for a week's holiday and had a great time. I don't know what some people expect after reading very negative reviews. I had no problems booking my holiday and found the admin staff to be friendly and helpful. It is not the problem of Friendship Travel if there are more women than men on these holidays, men traditionally are less likely to book singles holidays. On my holiday there was one male and seven females but it didn't matter in the slightest, everyone bonded and socialised together. It is more expensive to book a singles holiday but all singles companies are the same, not just Friendship Travel.
The hotel we stayed at in Portugal, the Oceanus, was not the best, very basic even for a 3 star and I wouldn't go back there. We were not in the main building but in an annexe next door, the main building rooms looked a lot better than the annexe ones. There was a cocktail bar in the basement of the main building but it was dark and dingy, why would you want to be there when the sun is still shining and you can be sitting outside with a drink. Breakfast was taken in the snack bar by one of the two small pools. Two of the guests in our party were quite ill after both had been swimming in the main pool. We ate out every evening in different restaurants and had some lovely food. Our host Cathy joined us every day except her one day off. The group all got on together and generally went off and did their own thing during the day but we all went out together every evening. I would recommend Olhos D'Agua as a resort, it's a small, very pretty place with a lovely beach and lots of really good restaurants and close to Albufeira and Villamoura for a change of scene but I wouldn't go back to the Oceanus. I believe that Friendship Travel are looking for alternative accommodation in that area now so it will be interesting to where they will be going next season. All in all I had a great time but you have to go with an open mind and be prepared to be sociable and not nit pick about your fellow travellers.

• Travel Experience