Ways to Rip You Off

• Reliability

• Cleanliness

Abernathy338's review of Cross Country Trains

“Ways to Rip You Off”

Written on: 17/10/2017 by Abernathy338 (1 review written)

I ordered two train trips in England online through Cross Country Trains. I live in Canada and booked about a month before, then printed off the confirmations. One train trip had the times and stations for transfer but the other did not. I thought it was an open ended ticket as I know such exist. I arrived at the train stn and found that my train had left 5 minutes before I arrived because no time was listed and it only showed when I claimed the ticket. I had to buy another ticket worth twice what I'd paid.

When I contact the company they said too bad so sad, you agreed to the terms. Little did I know that the terms were to hide information and rip off unsuspecting people. Do not buy from them unless you know for sure that it doesn't matter if you have to pay for your ticket twice or that you're able to pick up the ticket before the actual date. I was not, so I got screwed. They didn't offer me anything, not even a discount on a future ticket. Worst customer service ever.

• Train