Not worth the money!

From 1 review

craftypunch's review of The National Botanic Garden of Wales, Carmarthen

“Not worth the money!”

Written on: 14/11/2015 by craftypunch (1 review written)

Was a member for couple of years. Very sparsely planted. Mid summer is best, although a showplace such as this should have flowers everywhere - and plenty of them.
As a member, the only perks was a discount in the gift shop which is stocked with the same merchandise from one season to the next, and pricey with it
It needs a makeover. Some suggestions are-
The gift shop needs a good clearance and restock with more interesting and affordable merchandise.
The broad walk needs major planting of colourful shrubs and flowers. Christmastime could see a long row of holly bushes and potted spruce trees along the walk, in which they would sell.
More seating should be placed outdoors everywhere.
The coffee shop in the dome should be open all year round.
More interesting talks or events more appropriate to,direct gardening, for example, a speaker could show how to dig up an old shrub, prepare site for new planting. Or maybe something similar for a gardener.
When my membership expired I left it for a couple of months as I was ill. When I joined again, I paid full price and it was backdated! I lost a couple of months of membership. I felt cheated.
I let them know once that my sixtieth birthday was coming up on a day I Was visiting, not as much as a cup of coffee was offered.
If only I could leave minus ten stars, then I would!

• Summer 2014

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages

Ages suited for

Adelecardiff's Response to craftypunch's Review

Written on: 16/04/2017

Good review. I think they try their best.