Nightmare - never again.

Denise0306's review of Legoland, Windsor

“Nightmare - never again.”

Written on: 01/06/2013 by Denise0306 (1 review written)

I booked to go to Legoland as a treat for my niece, nephew and daughter - to get the most out of the day we stayed overnight at a Premier Inn as we live a distance away and I wanted us to get in for 10.00 am to make the most out of the day. We ended up queuing for over 3 hours in the car (we were staying only 5 miles away). After phoning Legoland we were advised to leave the car and go on foot (even though I had per-booked parking). We did this - but it's a long walk from the road especially with small children.

The queues for everything were horrendous - I got a Qbot so we could get on rides but even that wasn't ideal as you booked a ride but you still didn't have time to go on the 'smaller rides' with shorter queues as they were still over an hour. After over 3 hours in a car and a long walk we needed a drink - we queued at a kiosk for a drink (you have to queue for everything) only to be told they'd run out of soft drinks (why they couldn't announce that while you're in the queue I don't know).

It was horrendous - I spoke to a couple of families who didn't have a Qbot - they'd been there from 10.00 until 7.00 and had queued all day and only got on 4 rides. As we were leaving (for our long walk back to the car - after queuing for food and being told at front of the queue that they'd run out!!!) my niece commented that no one leaving looked happy they all looked miserable. I heard the words 'never again' more than nice.

Legoland need to sort something out. Enough parking for all the tickets they sell would be an idea - or only selling tickets for the number of people they can accommodate.

• May/2013

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 12