Horrendous company to deal with

• Location

keziaficicchia's review of Tour Center - www.tourcenter.co.uk

“Horrendous company to deal with”

Written on: 06/08/2016 by keziaficicchia (1 review written)

My partner and I booked a trip to Bareclona with this company last year after seeing a deal on Wowcher. Upon initial booking we spent over 1 hour on the phone with a sales agent. This was due to the fact that when heconfirmed the flight times they were at unreasonable times which meant we would only have 1.5 days of the trip, which wasn’t displayed clearly when initial booking was made. He searched for new flight times along with a hotel upgrade. We told the agent numerous times that we would like a hotel as close to the centre of the city as possible yet he continued to recommend those outside of the city. On this call he also confirmed that he would add a Bus Tour, he confirmed that the tour of La Sagrada Familia was included (I sent him a screenshot of the Wowcher offer) and that we would have additional baggage allowance to check in.

After this we received confirmation of our booking. However there were numerous errors including incorrect spelling of names and incorrect DOB. There was also no confirmation of the baggage or the tour of La Sagrada Familia. I emailed back to him highlighting the errors and that aslong as he confirms we have check in baggage along with hand luggage and the tour of La Sagrada Familia, we would be happy to proceed. The sales agent then called me and confirmed these points – when I asked if the check in luggage was 15kg or 20kg he advised me to check Ryan Air website.

When checking in online there were issues. We were not told there was a specific email which needed to be used to check in. I called the office and was told the sales agent we spoke to would need to deal with this however he was on lunch. The advisor told me he would call back but he did not.

We arrived at the airport and when we attempted to check our bags in were told that we had no additional luggage. This caused a hold up at the check in desk. We called through to the sales agent we spoke to and he advised me that he had never confirmed any additional baggage allowance. He placed me on hold numerous times and could not resolve the issue. I referred back to the emails that had been sent to him and told him he needs to speak to Ryan Air customer services and add this baggage on. At this point, I requested to speak to a manager. A woman (supervisor) came on the line and spoke to my partner who explained the situation. She told him we were lying and that the call where the baggage was discussed had been listened to. This was very hard to believe considering the call was over 1 hour long. She was extremely rude and dishonest and interrupted my partner numerous times. After over 1 hour being unable to check in our flight time was approaching, so we were then passed to a manager. He advised us to pay for the additional baggage and your company would look to refund the expense when we return. He advised my partner that he would send his email details so we could contact him directly. This cost an extra £50 which is completely unacceptable when we were told this would be included.

Due to the extremely long wait at the checking desk we were 15 minutes away from our gate closing. This caused me to panic as I suffer with severe anxiety. We were forced to run to our gate with only 5 minutes to spare and the gate was shown as a 20 minute walk.

I then emailed the sales agent requesting the confirmation of the tour of La Sagrada Familia as we had not yet received it. He responded that it was optional and was an additional cost of £30pp with a screenshot of a Wowcher deal. This was an incorrect deal and was not the deal we bought. I know this because the tour was included, the choice of hotels was different and the one he had sent had an additional airport which was not available on ours. It was also a deal valid from October when we bought a deal for September. We then missed the opportunity to tour the church which played a big part in our buying decision.

On our return flight we also had to pay additional for our luggage

The details we were promised from the manager were never sent and I emailed them when I returned asking for him to call us, he never did.

The whole experience in dealing with this company has been horrendous. Our trip was supposed to be stress free and all they caused us was additional charges and problems. We should never have been expected to pay our own baggage after it was agreed as part of the sale and we should never have missed out on a tour that was part of the deal we bought. Their agents should also never have spoke to my partner and I in the way they did. It was nothing other than disgusting. I have continued to email them with no reply.

I would strongly advice others to not use this company

• Other

Type of Tour

Get Great Holidays Deals From Expedia

Tourcenter.uk's Response to keziaficicchia's Review

Written on: 09/08/2016

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our product and service. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not fully living up to your expectations of our service levels. Please do understand that we are always keen to offer the best travelling options to create a valuable holiday for your requirements. We will investigate your case and check the calls & emails between yourself and we will arrange for one of our agents to contact you for any further clarifications on the reservation.

Team Tourcenter

Katherinegleeson's Response to keziaficicchia's Review

Written on: 18/10/2016

I BOOK GOING TO BOOK WITH WOWCHERA 4 DAY IN ICELAND AT A 4 STAR HOTEL IN THE CENTER OF ICELAND UNTIL .THEY CLAIMED TO MATCH THE OFFER AND WITH A BETTER DEAL
CLAIMED THEY WERE WERE GIVING ME 4 STAR AND IT WAS 3 THAT THE HOTEL WAQS IN THE CENTRE BUT WAS 45 MILES OUT. THEY HAVE PICKED ON THE WRONG PERSON WHEN IM FISH SETTING MY GOOGLE BLOG I WILL FINISH THEM

Great Deals on Expedia