Nice medicinal tea, a little hoppy

From 1 review

VicMazonas's review of Dr Stuart's Valerian Plus

“Nice medicinal tea, a little hoppy”

Written on: 26/10/2012 by VicMazonas (4 reviews written)

I've started drinking this tea regularly, both to help me sleep and help me with my anxiety. It's quite a nice blend - contains valerian, hops, passionflower and fennel. The flavour comes mostly from the fennel, which is nice - I enjoy aniseedy, liquorice flavours, but the taste isn't terribly strong. Other than that, the tea smells quite a bit of the hops, which can be unpleasant if you're not used to that sort of thing.

If I was making my own herbal blend, I'd amp up the fennel and perhaps add a dash of anise hyssop, to give the aniseed flavour a bit more kick and - hopefully - mask the hops smell a bit more. As a shortcut, I like to double up in my teapot, combining the Dr Stuart's with a bag of Pukka Herbs three fennel tea blend.

That said, the tea does work. I often have trouble settling to sleep, but this tea does help me. You get a decent number of bags in a pack, for the price, and when I opened my box there were two free samples of a couple of other herbal tea blends, which was a nice surprise.