Terrible Customer Service. Treated Like A Criminal.

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

JayJay24's review of Iceland

“Terrible Customer Service. Treated Like A Criminal.”

Written on: 27/11/2013 by JayJay24 (1 review written)

The previous day, I shopped at the Brixton Branch and didn't realise I have been charged 5 times for 2 items until I was about to throw out the receipt today.
I decided to go to my local branch at Waterloo to rectify this issue only for me to be treated like a criminal there. I explained the situation to the manager and she blatantly refused to refund my money citing a refund from another store would affect their store figures and for me to travel all the way back to the Brixton branch to get my money back. Brixton is quite a distance from me and I was there the previous day for other reasons that ended in my decision to pick up a few items from Iceland. Her attempts to pawn me off as another store's problem was incredibly obvious. It is not my responsibility as a customer to care about the internal politics of Iceland or their figures and it shouldn't be used as an excuse to deny me my money back. I have been a loyal customer for over 7 years, and have never had a single complaint about any member of staff. But I am shocked at the level of customer service I received from the manager herself, who is supposed to be at the forefront of and a shining example of customer service. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop there again.
In addition, I will be ringing their head office to make an official complaint and hopefully something can be done to rectify my situation and penalise the manager.

• 112-113 Lower Marsh,, Waterloo. SE1 7AE. 0207 720 3620