Oakley Crosshair, not the best glasses I've ever owned

CampbellsTomatoSoup's review of Oakley Sunglasses

“Oakley Crosshair, not the best glasses I've ever owned”

Written on: 21/06/2011 by CampbellsTomatoSoup (1 review written)

I bought a pair of Oakley Crosshair sunglasses 2 months ago from Sunglass Hut in Stansted airport. I've never owned a pair of Oakleys but I have owned lots of pairs of sunglasses - everything from Police to Prada to Ray Bans.

All in all these are not bad glasses, BUT I must say I was surprised by the quality of them, which for £150, frankly is poor.

On the plus side they look good, they work well functionally in that the lenses are great; they work as sunglasses and on how they look and block out the sun, and comfort, they're everything I'd ask.

On the minus side though when I spend £150 on a pair of sunglasses I don't expect things to start looking shabby after 6 weeks. I've had them 8 weeks, and the hinge on the arm on one side is now pretty loose - not totally but it's loosened off to the point that I notice it and it annoys me. Secondly, the rubber covers on the arms on both sides started to split after 6 weeks. I took them back to the shop and the assistant told me that they do that but not usually that quickly. I've worn them a bit, but certainly not all the time (it's not been that great weather). I've had a 7 day holiday where I spent my time by the pool, and didn't swim much (30 minutes each day) so it's not like they've seen a lot of chlorine or salt.

She changed the rubber for me (rather than giving a refund as requested).

Personally I would not buy Oakley again on the strength of this experience. I probably also wouldn't buy again from Sunglass Hut on the basis that they didn't give me a refund. To me, if you're going to charge £150 then the product needs to last at least 6 months. I bought the Oakley brand and was really surprised at this....

• Men's Glasses