Really enjoyed our meal

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

jacquiebg's review of Shepherd and Dog, Ipswich

“Really enjoyed our meal”

Written on: 17/02/2012 by jacquiebg (1 review written)

We had a delicious meal and I'm saddened to have read such negative reviews, my husband and I had a lovely time. We eat out regularly and as we were visiting the area we decided on a carvery style roast meal for our tea. The Shepherd and Dog was easy to find, it had a great atmosphere inside (ambient lighting and stylish decor) despite being quiet - just gone 6pm on a Wednesday, though it soon filled up; which must say something for the quality of the food and service. We were warmly greeted and seated at a very nice table. The whole place was very clean and well laid out. Our waitress was informative and friendly. The quality of the carvery was excellent - we have been to some where the food had dried up to a crisp, but this was not the case. There was a good selection of roast meats (beef, turkey, pork etc) although they were thin slices! Also a good selection of several vegetables and new, roast and sliced potatoes - delicious. It was all very hot, inc. the plate. The gravy was tasty and there were the usual condiments - all very cleanly laid out. I can't comment on any other food as we were really full, so didn't have a desert. I did see two children’s meals, which looked very appetising too. I would not hesitate in revisiting the Shepherd and Dog and would certainly recommend to everyone.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all