Fast relable commuter

DanteConnell246's review of Yamaha XMAX 250

“Fast relable commuter”

Written on: 16/10/2016 by DanteConnell246 (1 review written)

Bought my Xmax in April to get to work and back, a 90 mile round trip every day. I'd never ridden a scooter before so I was a little apprehensive. I bought it as I had an RSI in my left wrist making clutch operation a problem, so twist and go!
Mine was a low mileage 2006 model. I added a Givi touring screen and a 52l top box.
Starts first time every time. The pick up is good, I checked the belt and rollers were good. 0-60 feels fast and it will pull all the way up to around 75mph then it gets wheezy.
Round town it is the dogs danglies, fast light and agile. You can flick these things around with impunity as long as you have good scoot tyres. Fuel economy is excellent, around 65mpg.
It's comfortable for around an hour and a half and then numb behind creeps in due to the large seat pushing you forward away from the hump.
Maintenance is easy, I'm a level 2 tech so easier for me but no problem for any reasonably able diyer. Oli change evry 2k and a light lets you know when its due.
Get one,you'll be hooked!!