Terrible

1.4

AlaynaGreen's review of Post Office Online Saver

“Terrible”

written by AlaynaGreen on 28/02/2023

I opened a savings account with the Post Office online as the interest rate is good.

I deposited £10 just to see how quickly it would arrive. I transferred from my Starling account which uses faster pays, transferring instantly or within 2 hours.

Hours passed, then days. No sign of the money.

Post Office subsequently emailed me saying I hadn't deposited any money into my account (and that I should). But I obviously had tried to.

So after 4 days, I called their customer services and I was told they don't support faster pays and I should wait at least 5 working days "check next week" as they use a different banking network (Bank of Ireland?).

This terribly poor in this day and age of instant payments.
And worse they emailed me asking to deposit when I already had tried to.

The website to manage your account is awful, slow and clunky. Should have been upgraded 10 years ago.

All in all a poor experience. I'll be closing my account as soon as my money appears and I can withdraw it. Fingers crossed that's not a palava.

• Regular Savings

Type Of Account

Emmal88X's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2023

I'm going through a similar experience, it shouldn't be this difficult. I had set up a payment from my bank account as I couldn't find another way but it says the account is not supported for payments? I proceeded still but only transferring £1 as a test, hasn't appeared. Checked the FAQs and they say click on 'move money' but this is just not an option anywhere?? Easier just to close the account and open one elsewhere at this rate