Horrible Company Unhelpful Staff

ZippyDoDah's review of MoneyQuest www.moneyquest.co.uk

“Horrible Company Unhelpful Staff”

Written on: 26/03/2018 by ZippyDoDah (1 review written)

I had the misfortune of using this company after going through the comparison website Compare The Market.

I thought being linked to such a large comparison company they would be reputable and trustworthy.

There were so many problems from my original appointment being shifted around a few times because the mortgage adviser had an emergency to we are having problems with the telephone line.

When I eventually got to speak to an adviser he was aggressive to me when asking questions, very unhelpful when I was asking him questions about things I never understood and his grasp of speaking English very poor - I understand this outfit are based in Scotland - but the chap I spoke to was muffled, kept repeating himself adding in weird phrases like "as I said"pretty much every time he would say something.

I should have known early in the process not to go ahead but I was in a rush to get a re-mortgage sorted and my last broker was on holiday. The MQ advisor sent me some information by email of what he needed and I sent it back straight aay only to be told what I sent wasn't sufficient. We went back and forth 3 or 4 times and I eventually had enough. I went direct to the lender and was asked for one payslip.

This lot were looking for:

4 payslips
4 month worth of bank statements
A P60
Also requested a copy of my passport and a utility bill.

Something not right about them needing so much and the building society needing so little.

They also anted to charge me £395 for the service. although they did say nothing paid until offer was issued. I pulled the plug on them. When I tried getting my documents back from them that was a nightmare too. I'm so glad I never went ahead.

God knows what else might have happened, I wish I had checked this site prior to contacting them.