Roof rack for flush rails

From 1 review
  • Ease Of Fitting

Dan from Dinas's review of Atera Roof Racks

“Roof rack for flush rails”

Written on: 27/07/2013 by Dan from Dinas (4 reviews written)

Having changed my car to one with flush rails (i.e. you can't get your hand underneath the rail) I needed to buy a new roof rack. I was horrified to discover that the supplier of my previous roof rack, Thule, wanted approx. £185 for their "system" for flush rails involving feet/sliders/rails. So I searched the Internet and found the Roof Box Company were selling a one-piece, German made roof rack called the Atera Signo for £115 (July 2013 prices). My order was delivered in 3 days and I am very pleased with the roof rack which is of the usual high quality German construction. Fitting was reasonably straight forward. Take out the box, loosen 4 bolts per rack with the special key, fit to roof rails and tighten up. My only small criticism was that using the special key was a little fiddly and I resorted to using my wife's compact mirror to see what I was doing whilst tightening one bolt located under the rack.

Footnote for the car manufacturers: the number of variants of roof rack mounts is RIDICULOUS. Myself and 3 of my friends own a Ford and we all have different systems!

• ford galaxy