Fine if you're really hungry

reviewkitten's review of Tapas! at Tesco Patatas Bravas

“Fine if you're really hungry”

Written on: 12/12/2011 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

One freexing cold lunchtime I decided hot food was in order so took myself off to Tesco's. They have what looks like a new range of ready meals called Tapas! at Tesco. Being a brave soul that I am I decided to try this range and picked out two seemingly easy dishes. The first being Patatas Bravas (I mean how wrong can potatoes and sauce go?).

I heated it in the microwave and the smell was pretty good. But the critical stage is eating. the potatoes were kinda soggy and the sauce not really authentic. More like a tomato sauce with a spicy kick. Not the silky affair you get in a tapas restaurant (I know this is Tesco and it's a microwave meal but still). It wasn't bad but I have a feeling I will repeat this meal later. Maybe it tastes better oven cooked. I think they should have had the potatoes and sauce seperate so you could pour it over like the Spanish do once the patatas are hot.