No spares at TEAC

• Sound Quality

Jennypeel's review of Teac R1

“No spares at TEAC”

written by Jennypeel on 27/11/2012

I bought my TEAC R1 about 2 years ago and I love it. Easy to use, controls are clear, sound quality is perfectly adequate for listening to speech radio, which is what I mainly do. So far, so good!
I keep it plugged in to the mains, but like to be able to take it round the house,using its rechargeable batteries. A few weeks ago I realised that the battery pack was failing and have since been told they are designed to last about a year. My problems started when I tried to source a new battery pack. A local electrical retailer quoted me a price of £74, which of course is ridiculous. So I rang the number on the instruction booklet, only to find that TEAC UK no longer exists as a company and the two remaining employees in the office have no access to spare parts. They have been taken over by Onkyo,who equally could not help me with spare parts, but promised to contact me, when they had made enquiries. I have rung several times and they always promise, but they never get back to me. So my warning to anyone thinking of buying this radio is that you will get no aftersales service whatsoever!

JennyA