Disastrous Experience Just Like The Other Hundreds

MohammedDavis's review of HomeAway - www.homeaway.co.uk

“Disastrous Experience Just Like The Other Hundreds”

Written on: 13/06/2018 by MohammedDavis (1 review written)

Disasterous Experience just like the rest the of hundreds of good people who have made similar complaints with TrustPilot and/or Sitejabber.

I booked the apartment on Homeaway website. I was charged with the first payment. Subsequent to my booking I had to make a cancellation due to the original apartment booked not being available from the property owner. I eventually managed to obtain a partial refund from the property owner - without the processing and service fee charged by HomeAway. Homeaway told me that the owner had my money. The owner showed me a photo as a proof that they only got part of the payment.

I was subsequently forced by HomeAway to contact my bank to request they refund me the amount as a means of deferred responsibility. After a very lengthy process of my bank refusing to refund me the amount, I then submitted a refund request to HomeAway with my bank denial to reimburse letter. HomeAway then sent me service fee charge amount but not the processing fee amount. I'm still have to go through this extremely lengthy and painful back and forth correspondence to obtain a refund for an unauthorised payment I made almost five months ago. HomeAway is simply the WORST GARBAGE OF THE EARTH COMPANY THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!  DO NOT BOOK with this company or else you will regret it!! I regret not reading all the negative reviews from customers first before booking with this website.