Steer clear

• Reliability

• Extra Features

pcjb's review of Virgin Media

“Steer clear”

Written on: 16/10/2017 by pcjb (5 reviews written)

I have been a customer of Virgin Media for many years I could not complain about the service they provide it is unbeatable. However !When they cannot supply your new home following a move they will want a cancellation fee ! I was advised by them that they would have to cancel, as they did not supply a service in my new home area.

I was then advised I had to pay a cancellation fee for a service they could not provide ! I was shocked as it was their live chat agent who cancelled my services not me then they have a cheek to charge over £100.

I was then offered a reduced fee of £50 but due to fact I did not cancel it was them that cancelled my contract I felt this was unjust. Following numerous calls and live chat I'm still no further forward. I have written to Customer Concern twice and they have not replied. They are in breach of their code of practice in relation to responding to my letter, furthermore they have not resolved the issue.

I cancelled my TV service when the contract had expired and just kept the phone and broadband, Nobody told me I had taken out a new 12 month contract ! I did not agree to a contract for phone & Broadband.

Despite my calls chat and letters they are still ignoring my complaint. I even gave them 28 days to arrange for service to be installed in my new home, they did not reply to this request. I feel they have broken the contract by refusing to connect me to their services !

I phoned on 15th October and was passed from pillar to post the person I ended up speaking to did not seem interested, I requested a call back from customer concern team she said ok then hung up on me !!!

I am now waiting for a call back but not holding my breath, I will take this all the way as I feel they are ripping me off

I cannot complain about the services they provide albeit at an extortionate cost but you get what you pay for. Check every little bit of any contract they ask you to agree to. My advice is to steer clear.

• Reception