Disgusting

• Reliability

• Extra Features

SUEKNIGHT's review of The Post Office Phone Service

“Disgusting”

Written on: 19/11/2017 by SUEKNIGHT (1 review written)

My Mother used this service and was in a nursing home. She sadly passed away on 18 August 2017 and I rang to cancel her contract on 22nd August. Spoke to a man who assured me the line would close within 24 hrs, and I also paid her outstanding bill. At the end of October ,when I had sorted Mum's finances, I rang to check there was nothing outstanding, and was told there was no notification of my Mum's account being closed and the line was still open, but also that she would check the recorded conversation and ring me back.......I heard nothing.the line would have to be closed on Nov 17th, which I couldn't understand, as this was 3 months after my Mum had died.. I was assured no further payment due, and that a closing statement would be sent to this effect. On 18 Nov I received a bill - addressed to my Mother, but at my address, for £75.This included rental paid in advance from Nov to Feb! Understandably very distressed, I rang again, but received no understanding or compassion for my distress , and was made to feel that I was rude and unreasonable! After my husband intervened, I am now waiting for a refund, as apparently rental had been paid in advance from Aug to Nov with the bill I paid on 22 Aug ...the man hadn't told me that. The service is unbelievably bad, totally incompetent, and useless. Also no customer care or understanding, and definitely no sympathy for anyone who has to deal with the aftermath of a death in the family.

• Reception