Bad Customer Service

• Reliability

• Extra Features

xuHolland466's review of The Post Office Phone Service

“Bad Customer Service”

Written on: 17/02/2017 by xuHolland466 (1 review written)

Today is just another problem with the Post Office. Months ago we were having problems with our phone line and the repair person came out to fix it. The repair lasted only a few days before we had to phone them again. This was on the weekend. We were told they do not do repairs on weekends. So we thought, OK we'll just have to wait a few days. Early Sunday morning the doorbell went and it was the repairman! He said they normally don't come up on weekends but he was in the neighbour hood and was driving by anyway, so he decided to stop and repair our line. How thoughtful, so we thought! He spent awhile at our house and we were told that the previous repairman didn't do the repair correctly and has crossed some wire which made the line short out. The previous repairman also put a wrong part on it! So the repairman fixed the problem, and said he wasn't going to report the previous guy because he didn't want to get them in trouble. He said not to worry as there wouldn't be a charge for the repair work he did. Well, today we received our phone bill and was charged £120.00!!!

I phone the phone company and after passing their security and telling them the problem they pass me over to the technical dept saying I needed to speak to them since my query was regarding a technical service charge. Once again, after passing the security questions again (because the person who transfered the call didn't tell the next person I passed the security!) I was told that that dept couldn't help that I needed the dept I spoke to first, so they passed me back again. OK, so now I'm told they couldn't do anything that I needed Customer Service! Customer Service couldn't help and said they had to pass the problem on to someone else to look out and that it would be 3 - 5 working days before I heard anything. Why!? When I owe them they want the payment today, so why is it so difficult for them to use some common sense and work out their own problems!

I'm now looking for a new phone provider and in no circumstance would I refer the Post Office. Fortunately, we've already stopped our Broadband service with them. But that's another story.

• Reception