Awful Customer Service & Technical Team

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Lilacs's review of The Post Office Phone Service

“Awful Customer Service & Technical Team”

Written on: 07/07/2016 by Lilacs (2 reviews written)

I have been with Post Office Home Phones since the beginning, over the last 4 months I have had problems with my phone which affected my broadband.Could not use the phone because of the crackling noises, broadband kept dropping out. Rang the techies who told me to go through a series of procedures which I did several times, one of these was to get on my hands & Knees & unscrew the box to plug another phone in. Well being 71 this was difficult but managed it. I was advised to put new filters on everything & I also bought new phones. They tested the line several times & said there was no fault there side & said they would send an engineer out but if the fault was inside the home I would have to pay £144, I agreed to this because I was so fed up with the problems. They arranged for an engineer to call & sent me a text saying that I had to stay in between 8AM to 1PM on a particular date although he may not knock the door. This I did & no one called or rang. I rang EE yet again & they said there was no record of the visit so I read the text out to them, they replied sometimes these messages are sent out randomly. They arranged for another engineer to call the following week when in fact he called on the Saturday without an appointment. I was so glad to see him. Within 30 mins he had found a broken cable which was EE's responsibility. I rang up to complain about all the aggro I had had & they offered me £5 compensation which I declined they then upped it to £10 I told them what to do with there £10 & said goodbye take 15 days notice. Avoid at all costs. The Tech team all read from the same script.

• Reception