Spectacularly Unhelpful

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Kyle328's review of The Post Office Phone Service

“Spectacularly Unhelpful”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Kyle328 (1 review written)

My mum is 90. She has a panic alarm system which is dependent on a working telephone line. Her line has been out of use for 5 days now. When I logged the fault I told them this, yet when I chased them again two days later they denied all knowledge.

They also said that the engineers decide what to treat as priority!

I get the distinct feeling they lie through their teeth. I have been assured today that fault would be fixed by midnight but I have serious doubts.

If you're reading this with a view to having the Post Office as your supplier I would advise you not to. But then again, it depends how bad your existing supplier is I suppose.

If the PO keep this up I will move my Mum's account back to BT. At least they own the line so the chain of command should be shorter...

Carer2's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2015

Attitude towards protecting their most vulnerable customers is an absolute disgrace. They certainly do not exhibit any decency, duty of care or interest in the safety and welfare of their most vulnerable customers. This company should look at its attitude and the quality of its 'customer care' team!

I have tried to deal with them today on behalf of an elderly relative who is 'poorly' (hospital speak) in hospital and all they would say is that they can't speak with me unless she phones them herself (is this how the Data Protection Act was meant to be used?) Awful customer service!