Terrifyingly awful

Ivans471's review of AEGON

“Terrifyingly awful”

Written on: 04/10/2017 by Ivans471 (1 review written)

I have the misfortune to have my company SIPP scheme with Aegon, so alas I have to deal with them. I could wax on for ages on just why they are so awful - poor customer service, hopeless platforms and tools, but I will resist the urge, other than to say they are really 'terrifyingly awful' pension provider. On the plus side I now have an agreement with my company and Aegon that as long as I leave a certain amount in the company pension and it continues to take contributions each month, I can periodically move money into my own SIPP without charge. So, I am moving money away from them with relative ease, as I am using my SIPP provider to request the transfers, they have the hassle of dealing with Aegon. So all is well as I finally have control over SIPP fund choices, something Aegon tools and processes really can't deliver - as they are just too slow and painful to use. 38 reviews in total thus far - all 1 star, incompetence like that really takes some doing.