Groundhogs beware

Guest's review of Gamo Rocket

“Groundhogs beware”

Written on: 16/02/2013

We have horses on a small farm so obviously we do not need groundhogs making leg breaking holes in our fields. I have whacked quite a few of the critters with shotguns but I am hesitant to use a 22 cal rifle because I am afraid to have the round carry too far and hurt a neighbor or worse. I also was afraid to use a pellet gun on groundhogs because I don't want to wound an animal. I want to put them away quickly. Well,,,, I experimented and I am impressed with how my Gamo Rocket .177 pellets performed with my Gamo Big Cat air gun. I smacked (and killed) two groundhogs this summer at (conservatively) 30 yards and I should be able to keep the population in check looking forward. The only down side I noticed was when I used other types of pellets I had to adjust the sights when switching back and forth. No problem. I will use only Gamo Rockets from here on out. They are very, very accurate and they do the job. To be honest, I do not have much experience with other types of pellets, but from reading other peoples reviews and my own dumb-luck experience. I'm going to stick with what works.