Avoid this uncaring retailer at all costs.

4.2

Rallyline's review of GO Outdoors www.gooutdoors.co.uk

“Avoid this uncaring retailer at all costs.”

written by Rallyline on 01/06/2022

I had heard good things about Go Outdoors and while trying to find a particular stove for my daughters birthday, discovered that Go Outdoors stocked them. I wanted to actually pick one up and physically look at it before committing to buy, so I checked whether my nearest store had any in stock, by partially doing a click and collect. They were showing as in stock at Taunton, so I decided to do the 31/2 hour round trip to get it.

I get to the Taunton store to find out that they didn't actually have any on the shelves and speaking to a member of staff didn't help either. I was told by the assistant that they never get told anything and that they had no idea when it would be back in stock. Very frustrated, we were forced to give up and go home. So, I decided that evening (a Sunday) to complete a click and collect request, just to see what would happen. At 8:20 Monday morning I was told via email that my order was ready to collect...... I find it difficult to believe that between my click and collect request and it being ready to collect that there had conveniently been a delivery to the Taunton store.

I decided my best course of action would be to order it online. BIG BIG mistake. That was on 22nd May, its now 31st and nothing. But not only is there nothing, if I try tracking my order via the number given, there is also nothing. I am just told "We're expecting it" and "We're expecting your parcel to arrive with us soon and we'll update your tracking once we've received it".
After a week of this, I filled in a support email via the Go Outdoors website. This proved to be another complete and utter waste of time, as the email response appeared to have been done by a robot who unhelpfully told me to track my order online. The request for someone to call me with some answers went unanswered.

This evening I decided the only way to get to the bottom of this was to call Go Outdoors and find out what was going on. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get any sensible answers. The customer service agent basically said that the courier had not received the package. So I asked whose fault that was - Go Outdoors or their chosen carrier Hermes, she simply kept on repeating herself and without refusing to tell me, just didn't tell me, but repeated the same thing over and over - much in the same way as a robot would do.

In the meantime of course - Go Outdoors have £149 of my money in their account, along with the money of 100's of others who have been failed and treated like we're stupid, which is earning Go Outdoors interest.

Go Outdoors - you are NOT going to benefit from your failings. I will continue to leave you negative feedback until you adequately compensate me for your shocking customer service, or any kind of service.

I also predict that unless you start to show your customers a little more respect, your business will spectacularly fail.

• Goods purchased & cost