Just too much hassle

Guest's review of Field & Trek - www.fieldandtrek.com

“Just too much hassle”

Written on: 26/09/2013

I ordered several things from F&T online a few weeks ago, and though they arrived quickly, and the prices were great, one item was faulty and another was totally different to the picture.

I emailed right away, no one has yet replied - we're talking at least a fortnight - and I had to send the stuff back at some cost because there was literally no help forthcoming.

Then I had to chase it up which involved several more emails which also went unanswered, a few phone calls to Sports Direct CS (which is the same company now - at least they have a number on their website, which F&T don't) and though the person I spoke to after 20 minutes on hold was great, and I did get a refund eventually including return postage, it's been such a massive hassle getting it sorted, I will not be bothering again.

I almost forgot, in the middle of all this I actually was told by Sports Direct that I could return items to their store which I tried to do but when I got there I was told I couldn't after all.

Very shoddy service from this company. Next time I find myself tempted by their online prices I'll just walk away as I can't face all that again.

• Coat, boots, camping equipment.