my verulux lenses broke with in 4 months of purchase

Guest's review of Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

“my verulux lenses broke with in 4 months of purchase”

Written on: 01/03/2013

I got two pair of bifocal glasses with verulux lenses end of September 2012 as my previous optician had retired.
I have used high quality verulux lenses for the last 20 years and never had any problems with lenses and they never broke even when dropped on the hard surface.

After 4 months of bying my glasses from specsavers,for no reason a chip came off from inner side of one of the lens while watching TV.

When told the staff at specsaver they blamed me that I must have broken it kept on repeating that they would give me good deal for a replacement. I told them that my aim of coming back to them was to make them aware as there may be a manufacturing fault in the lens but they were not prepared to listen it. The senior sales man who served me on my previous visit who I felt was very professional was not there. The lady I spoke to was very helpful,
not listenig to my concerns and kept on repeating that would give me a good deal as discussed with her manager!I was not satisfied with her response as I wanted someone to properly check the quality of the lens as it is not unusual for such things to happen. She was reluctant to tell me how I can complain about it to someone senior. She said they don't have a complaint policy and
On my repeated requests she gave me compliment slip with name of the optician to whom I can complain but after my experience today have no trust that my concern would be taken seriously.
I spent more that £300 for such poor quality glasses!

• Goods purchased & cost