Started out well, ended badly

Guest's review of WAE - www.waeplus.co.uk

“Started out well, ended badly”

Written on: 16/10/2012

I have no problems with WAE+ when it comes to buying something. But had a terrible experience with returning an item.

I returned a faulty item to them and called up 5 weeks later to find out the status of the return. I was told by the customer service assistant that their timescale for returns was 6 weeks so I had to wait.

After 6 weeks I still hadn't heard a thing so called up and was assured that the Returns department had been notified and someone would get back to me by the end of the day. I didn't hear back so called the next day. Again, I was assured the returns department were dealing with it and would get back to me by the end of the week at the latest. Over the next 2 weeks I called up several times and received several more promises, until I demanded to speak to a manager regarding the situation (as they couldn't pass me through to the returns department for some reason, only request for them to call me back), upon demanding to speak to a manager the customer service advisor hung up on me.

I waited until the next week, after still not hearing anything back, and submitted an email to them. Only upon sending this email, did I receive a very unapologetic reply and a call from someone telling me the item had been sitting in their warehouse for SIX WEEKS! They had no explanation for me, and no apologies.

I will not be using WAE+ again.

• Goods purchased & cost