Worst online shoping expierience

RokasMeskela's review of PMT Online www.pmtonline.co.uk

“Worst online shoping expierience”

Written on: 05/11/2017 by RokasMeskela (1 review written)

I ordered my Rickenbacker 4003 walnut from PMT at the beginning of September. The problems began with the initial delivery were the courier failed to deliver on the stated day; although not entirely the fault of PMT it meant I lost a days work and only added to my frustration when receiving the guitar I found a number of issues with the product.

• The guitar had a number of minor scratches and finger marks leading me to believe it was possibly a display model in the shop. This detail I decided to overlook although I’m sure many customers would have been suitable peeved after spending a considerable sum of money.
• The certificate supplied referenced a totally different model. I was finally given a correct replacement certificate.
• On the first time taking the guitar from my house I noticed the legs on the case had punched clean through the plastic as if it had been dropped or poorly handled. For a £300 case you would expect it to properly protect the guitar and certainly not be delivered smashed. Upon emailing about this issue I was subsequently ignored for a week until I called where I was given the details of the warranty manager. The whole process of replacing the case took a month where no information or updates were given respecting the problem.

Whilst having problems with the guitar I also found I had similar problems with the orange crush bass 100W amp (colour orange) that I ordered at the same time. At least this time the product arrived in good condition until plugging in headphones when it started to whine a high pitch and wasn’t changing to headphone mode fully. A product that came with a tag saying it had been tested/quality control by two different people clearly wasn’t in working condition. Once again I found myself contacting PMT for a replacement only to have no responses again to the point I had two conversations with the same person about the replacement. When it finally came it was BLACK – not the colour I ordered at least a month ago. This whole experience has left me exhausted and incredibly upset, what should have been a few day process has now dragged out over 2 months of stress and unacceptable customer service.

• Goods purchased & cost