The Diamond Store www.thediamondstore.co.uk Review

adammarch's review of The Diamond Store www.thediamondstore.co.uk

“Where do I start?! Bought my wife an eternity ring for...”

Written on: 25/05/2018 by adammarch (1 review written)

Where do I start?! Bought my wife an eternity ring for a tenth wedding anniversary present and when it arrived all seemed ok....... my wife loved her new ring when she opened it in our Anniversary, still looking like it’s all good!.......... fast forward a month and my wife tells me the ring is losing its shape Everyday and I don’t mean a little bit, the ring would look almost conical as if it had been squeezed with pliers. I contacted the Diamond store and sent photos, they asked me to send it back so their expert jeweller can inspect it, after 14 days I was informed that the ring was misshapen due to my wife putting pressure on it without realising whilst shutting doors etc?! Hmmmm quality ring then! We were offered to have the ring remade and this would normally cost £50 but they would waiver this as a goodwill gesture (remember this detail for later). My wife decided to get a “better quality” ring and we paid the extra £150 and were told the ring would take 8 weeks to be made. 8 weeks later and the new and superior ring arrived, my wife was really excited and happy at its long anticipated arrival. The ring looked amazing and we were both relieved that finally she had an eternity ring that would last an eternity (right?), well fast forward 2 hours and my wife looked down at her new piece of jewellery only to find that one of the diamonds had fallen out and was nowhere to be seen! My wife had literally just been sitting on the sofa reading a magazine with a cup of tea so nothing that would of caused any knocks or excessive pressure to the ring. I contacted the diamond store and sent a photo (again), I was instructed to return the ring so it could be inspected by their expert jeweller (dejavu), I said I would return it but wasn’t interested in a repair as we had lost all faith in their products and workmanship and that I wanted a full refund. I was told this would be noted but it still needed inspecting. I returned the ring and waited for the inspection to be completed, when the report came back I was told that the “expert jeweller” could see that a stone had fallen out and that a refund cannot be offered but not to worry as they will repair, polish and inspect the ring before returning it to me. I immediately phoned them and said quite clearly that I want a refund and not a repair but was told again that this was not possible. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing as I was completely within my rights to receive a refund. I contacted citizens advice and was told that I was most definitely entitled to a refund under the consumer rights act 2015 and to send the diamond store a letter stating this and giving them 14 days to respond. The day the letter arrived low and behold I received an email telling me that on this occasion a refund will be offered BUT they will be deducting the £50 that they waived for the repair of the first ring!!! The repair that never happened as we opted for a different ring altogether!! I spent another 4 days arguing this point and getting no where. My wife told me the whole situation was making her feel ill and I reluctantly agreed to accept the partial refund just to bring the whole miserable experience to an end. I strongly advise anyone thinking of spending their hard earned money on a piece of jewellery to steer well clear of the diamond store. They are in all honest the most disgusting company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

• Goods purchased & cost