Avoid at all costs

Guest's review of The Garage Door Company - www.thegaragedoorcompany.ltd.uk

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 11/07/2018

They over-promise, under-deliver and over-price. They charge in advance and, once paid, fail to warn you about delays or to ring back when they promise. Their on-site staff, when they do eventually turn up, think the company management is disorganised and does not care and I agree. Do not pay for a garage service - they sprayed 2 rails with silicone and 2 joints with WD40, exercised the door 3 times, then spent 20 minutes on their phones and in their van; for half an hour on site and 5 mins work they charged 120 pounds. I feel an idiot and they know I am one. They also charged 66 pounds for a replacement Cardale (same parent) remote control that I could have bought cheaper direct from their sister company and turned up without it. Therefore, the fault I reported to Cardale, who passed me onto their sister company at Reading for a comprehensive fix, is still not fixed. They failed to turn up within the booked time slots twice (they would have arrived at 8 pm on a Friday outside the 1300-1700 slot until I agreed a new time; then they failed to arrive until 1345 when I was the second appointment in an 0900-1300 morning slot); on each occasion they were over 3 hours later than the promised time of arrival. And for such shoddy service, they refuse to pay any refund, discount or compensation. And I still don't have the remote fob I paid for.

• Garage service and remote fob

• Still waiting