try claiming on warranty

Guest's review of TapsUK - www.tapsuk.com

“try claiming on warranty”

Written on: 19/05/2017

The company are ok price wise but when you try and claim under warranty they revert to being compulsive liars.
I bought 2 x items, the granite sink carried a 50 year warranty and the mixer taps 15 years.
I followed through with the request from Taps uk to mail them pictures of both items, I pursued them for 3 x months until I recieved an email from their customer service team stating the following

"Good Afternoon,

Firstly please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to your message.

At your request, I have offered your supplied pictures to our manufacturer, but they have indicated that these are not suitable for a warranty claim. To register your claim under the warranty, and prove that a fault was there at the point of purchase with the correct evidence, the only way to prove this would be to have the sink forensically investigated.

I have been in touch with trading standards with reference to the crack that has appeared on your sink.
Your purchased item does carry a 2 Year warranty, although this time has now lapsed, I am still happy to assist you in any way that I possibly can.

However, after obtaining further information, Unfortunately, the responsibility for proving that this is a manufacturing fault does lie with yourself as a customer.

Regards,"

I contacted the manufacturer myself and it appers TAPSUK have never contacted them whatsoever, I mailed the pictures I sent TAPSUK showing the hair line crack, within 2 x hours the manufacturers mailed me back stating the crack was caused through thermal shock and was therefore covered by the warranty, they have even offered me £100 towards the cost of re-installing the new sink they are dispatching.

I have since spoken to TAPSUK to express my disgust in their pathetic child like email and I'm waiting for their reply.

• Franks granite sink & Harris mixer taps