Apalling Customer Service & 19 Week Delay for Delivery !!!!

ab1vln's review of Woodpecker Interiors - www.woodpeckerinteriors.co.uk

“Apalling Customer Service & 19 Week Delay for Delivery...”

Written on: 16/05/2018 by ab1vln (1 review written)

After shopping around, I chose to order a 6 Light Beaded Funnel Chandelier based on lowest price available online (I also ordered a matching chandelier from another online retailer who was cheaper than Woodpecker for that item, both to be hung in an open plan living room / dining room so needed to match).
Order placed 1st week in January, payment in full taken immediately (no delivery charge).
They contacted me within a day or two to advise the item would be delayed till end of January, and there would be a surcharge for delivery to my area.
I agreed to continue with the order for above reasons (needed to match, not an unreasonably long delay, and even with delivery surcharge still the lowest price) and paid the additional delivery charge.
Last week in January I contacted them to confirm delivery was due that week, only to be informed it would now be delayed until end of April / early May.
Furious but feeling unable to cancel (having now checked it was out of stock with all other suppliers) as the matching item had already arrived and been hung, I reluctantly agreed to continue with the order. I emailed them advising of my frustration and specifically requested at this point they actively manage the order and check regularly and revert back on progress for the remaining lead time, but to no avail. Email response stated they "couldn't disagree" with my position.
Having heard nothing in February or March I contacted them yet again to ask on progress only to be told it was now delayed again until end of May !!! (with no reason given for the delay, meaning there was no active management of the order)
By this time I was beyond furious. If it wasn't for the fact I needed the item to complete an open plan design scheme I would have cancelled and requested a full refund far earlier !!
At this point I asked for the supplier to contact them directly. I was given the name of the UK distributer (not the manufacturer), who I contacted only to be told this item had been out of stock in the UK since September 2017 with no known lead time !!! So how had I been able to place an order in January ??!! They had no idea what the delay was could either be manufacturing or worse, insufficient orders to fill a container to ship to the UK - how exactly is this my fault when I have paid in full ??!!! And they would not give me the manufacturer's name as they were a trade distributer.
Then on 8th May they emailed to advise me the item was now in stock and requesting full payment in order to secure on a 'first come, first served' basis they could release one to me. Needless to say I was (again !) furious at the total lack of customer service when they already knew (and had confirmed with a receipt) that I had paid in full on placement of the order in January.
I then had to chase them to get a confirmation of when delivery would be scheduled, which was eventually confirmed for 8 days later.
Delivery received today, which unexpectedly was a 2 man delivery including removal of packaging, hence the additional payment request for £25. This was totally unnecessary for the size & weight of the item being delivered. It could easily have been sent with a 'normal' courier delivery which would have cost less than £10.
In summary, I was charged in full without being notified at order placement that I would have to wait 19 weeks in total for then to get fleeced for an unnecessarily expensive delivery service. Not once did they offer either to refund the money and then charge me when the item came back in stock, nor offer any sort of token compensation or gesture of goodwill. Complete lack of customer service quality. Will NEVER shop with them again, which is unfortunate as their range of goods looks nice and was very well priced, but not worth the effort or frustration to wait such an inordinate amount of time to receive.

• 6 Light Beaded Funnel Chandelier