Complete Waste of Time - Avoid!

Ryan1073's review of Ikea - www.ikea.com

“Complete Waste of Time - Avoid!”

Written on: 08/12/2013 by Ryan1073 (1 review written)

I went online to ikea.co.uk and purchased a desk, a lamp and two side tables as whilst I thought £30 for delivery was on the expensive side, I decided that it would save me a trip to the store.

During the checkout process I was given a delivery estimate of 13th December which was perfect as I needed the items before Christmas.

However, the next day I received an e-mail informing me that my delivery date would be 31st December...over 2 weeks later. I would never have ordered the items if this was the case. I immediately called the Ikea "Customer Service" and after 30 minutes on hold was told that yes the 31st December was the earliest delivery date. I promptly cancelled my order but of course have to wait up to 5 days for my card to be refunded.

I had a similar experience with Ikea about 3 years ago and really thought and hoped that things had changed. Alas, no!

I really feel that this half hearted attempt at a delivery service is really harming the rest of what I deem a good brand.

Maybe time to give it up Ikea?

• Goods purchased & cost