Complete shambles

Pete_Truro's review of Ikea - www.ikea.com

“Complete shambles”

Written on: 24/01/2012 by Pete_Truro (1 review written)

I'm generally a fan of Ikea but had never bought from them online before. I ordered a white Ektorp sofa in December which was delivered in January at the expected time. The delivery men managed to drop the sofa outside in a muddy puddle - it was unwrapped so it got muddy and scuffed. The box containing covers was also damaged and the contents were exposed and dirty. I asked the delivery guys to return it and wrote on the delivery paperwork that the goods were damaged and I rejected them. I waited for Ikea to phone; they didn't call so I called and was told someone would call me back the same day. They didn't call so I called again to be told their "system was down" and someone would call me back the same day. They didn't call so I called again and explained the situation (again) - I was offered a full refund which I accepted. A week later I received an email saying I would get a refund for £35 less then the amount I paid with no explanation. I called for a fourth time but after a long time on hold I gave up. I called the next day (fifth call) and was told that there was no mention of damage on their "system" and so I had been charged for delivery. They offered to refund the remaining £35.

Seriouisly, I have better things to do with my time. It would have been quicker and less effort to drive the 200 miles to my nearest Ikea shop.

I strongly advise everyone not to order anything online from Ikea. They really are completely disorganised.

Pete