Resolving a problem

maltwhiskyman's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“Resolving a problem”

Written on: 05/08/2017 by maltwhiskyman (2 reviews written)

Purchased a washing machine, not from my local branch,that was delivered as promised.
Got it all plumbed in and connected did a trial programme and it was fine. The next day tried to do a full wash and it would not start. Checked the plug and it seemed OK but I put in a fresh fuse just in case. Tried again and it worked without trouble. The following day tried to run another problem and it wouldn't work. Contacted the manufacture and they offered to send an engineer out but not until next week. I went back to Currys and they agreed to contact the manufacturer to get agreement to provide another machine and this was agreed.I was referred to my local store (Bridgwater) and they even managed to get it "express delivery" and also get the faulty machine collected. The delivery took place as promised but the delivery crew had not been authorised to undertake a collection!They did however move the faulty machine into my garage.
I went to the Bridgwater store today to let them know that I still had the faulty machine so they tried organise a collection but the computer said NO! I left them to try and sort it out and an hour late they phoned to let me know a couple of staff from the shop would pick it; which they did.
For me the way a complaint is handled is even more important than the purchase process and the response from my local store was outstanding.

• Hoover washing machine